Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Polling & Phone Calls & Charity

Has anybody out there in "Blog LAND" been called 252 times in the past month? Have the calls been from pollster? Is it legal for these pollster to call you even if you're on the national do not call registry? I need answers! I need the truth, and unlike Tom Cruise, I can handle the truth (It's from a movie Megan). I think I must have signed up for a different list because I get calls from everybody and their mother. Back in what feels like the 1970's I gave about 10 bucks (75 cents in 2006 dollars) to a popular charity. I felt it was the right thing to do. However, since that time I have received about 3,700 mailers and 17,000 phone calls from this particular charity. Question? Where in Sam Hell do they get the money for that? And, Why don't they just leave it to me to donate again? Is there goal to guilt the shit out of me? Or, is it to piss me off so much that I hurt someone? I would really like to know. I know I asked about 42 questions but I would like an answer to just this...... Does anybody in "Blog LAND" like all aspects of their job? Please Help!!!
Ronin

3 comments:

lulu said...

No one has called me. I don't have a land line and my cell is as yet undiscovered. And no, I don't like all aspects of my job.

Megan said...

I'm strictly a cell phone girl myself, although I would LOVE to be part of a political poll. Don't you always wonder who the hell they're polling?

And, as you know, there are several aspects of my job I dislike immensely.

IAMRONIN said...

LuLu:
I don't know if you're like this too, but lately I only like the teaching part and that's it.

Megs:
I know they're supposed to poll a good cross section of enough people for the poll to be accurate, but sometimes I wonder. BTW, I have made some predictions and make sure I show you the map on Monday.

RONIN