Thursday, October 05, 2006

What's the story?

What the hell is wrong with the NFL?
How can a guy step on another man's head and receive a 5 game suspension. If that same man would have accomplished this feat on the streets, he would have been sentenced to perhaps 5 years in prison (more if he went American History X on his ass). So tell me Feel's, What do you think about violence in sports and what it is doing to our youth? Please respond and don't hold anything back. By the way, I'm watching the Dodgers game while I BLOG!
RONIN

4 comments:

Megan said...

Did you just ask me about sports? Because you should totally know better than that.

Violence of any kind is bad, and bad for our youth. Everyone knows it's not nice to step on other people's heads.

IAMRONIN said...

Megs,
What about slef defense? You've had to hear the stories of people protecting their selves/familes/or country, haven't you? Is it ok to use violence against those people? I mean what's up with that? Pacifists of the world unite (worked for Gandhi right). How about this; you can write the Feeley Manifesto.
Ronin

Megan said...

Tough call, man. I think perhaps violence in self defense, or in defense of family, might be justified although I would prefer to live in a world without violence and ideally I would prefer to try other measures first.

As far as defense of country, I think that's probably where violence is LEAST justified because there's often a whole hell of a lot more involved than a dude breaking into your house to say, rape you or something, and diplomacy is a hell of a lot easier, although often not politically expedient.

It DID work for Ghandi, and it worked for MLK, and if you look, historically the most lasting change has been brought about nonviolently.

So there.

And no I will not go to the shooting range with you. Guns creep me out.

IAMRONIN said...

I posted your response in the wrong section. I sorryyyyyyyyy!